Tuesday, July 1, 2008

girls weekend in chicago.




what a blast! this weekend was great!!! a girls weekend in Chicago---with a dozen dslr's....so fun!
Growing up outside of Chicago--I can't believe I had never seen 'The Bean" before....it's pretty cool!!! love how it reflected the city and it made for some fun shots.....
amber, toni, kristi, farrah & me


this was Saturday morning--a Starbucks run is a must! Farrah took this shot of heather, kristi and me. excuse the grain, I had my ISO still set at 1000 from the night before---(bummer!!!)
But, i love the pic and the old doorway.
Then, we went inside the American Girl Store---3 floors of GIRL! It was so sweet seeing the little girls with their moms cradling 'their' American Girl doll they brought from home. There's a restaurant in the store that you can have tea with your doll.....Or you can take your doll to the Salon to get her hair down. It's something else.......
If Gracen is into dolls when she gets older----I definitely see a trip to the city and a weekend of memories at this place.





23 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

I just LOVE the fact that we can all take pics of the same stuff and it come out so different. It's incredible really. I personally LOVE that vertical of the city in the bean and that one of you in the reflection...very cool. Your charger should arrive soon. Miss you much!

Melissa said...

Love the vibrant blue skies! The third shot w/the bean - wow! So cool.

Reds said...

Looks like a beautiful city - hope one day to get the chance to go there - looks like you had such a fun trip - we are all so jealous ;)

Trina said...

The blue sky looks amazing!! Love the bean shots too! Looks like you all had soooo much fun!

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos!

Kristi Smith said...

I get SO happy looking at the Chicago pics over and over again!! Definitely the time of a lifetime!! And yep, I'm going to Denver to see Farrah and Heather in a week and a half!!!

Amy said...

These are so fun! Even though I love the Bean shots, the second one is my favorite because I love the softness of the flowers in the foreground with the skyscrapers behind them!

Angela2932 said...

These are all wonderful! I love the fisheye shots. And I have a soft spot in my heart for Chicago. . . I grew up near there.

Anonymous said...

It has been so cool seeing the shots you guys all got...it is so funny that you can make Chicago look so good...I hate it here and would love to move...well I am in the burbs...
cari

Liz said...

Love your first 'bean' photo! Great perspective.

Kristina said...

Oh, I love your skyline fisheye shots. They're just awesome! What a great time you all had!

Amy said...

WOW...that third shot is killer!

Unknown said...

LOve all the mirror shots. And the city.
I can't wait to take my little girl to the American Girl store.
SO much fun!
TFS

BizEMommaK said...

Your sky ROCKS in these shots:)

Shawna (shawkrem)

Anonymous said...

Your blue skies with puffy clouds are so awesome! I just love the last one of you, Heather and Kristi.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

I just love the last one with the 3 of you. Sarah loved everything I brought home. She hasnt stopped dressing her doll.

Jess said...

This just looks like SUCH a fun trip for you gals... I am so jealous! I hope I can make it next time!

For Over 29 Years... said...

Love love the 3rd one. what an awesome place for ya'll to visit. wish I was there.

Erika said...

Fun, fun!! Great shots, love the bean ones and the last one!

Suzy said...

Awesome photos!

Michelle said...

those skies are to die for! such lovely blue. i really like the contrast of the flowers and the city skyline. looks like you had a great time!

Unknown said...

Awww... Love them all. I miss it already and everyone. It was so amazing to me how everything just flowed so easily with that many people. It was a blessing. Still cant believe the stretch limo was there for us after wicked. So crazy!

April said...

cute pictures..i so wish i lived closer so i could have gone..looks like you guys had a ton of fun!