Saturday, January 13, 2007

hometown

a few things about this picture....
  • this is one of my favorites---taken in dallas a few years ago--(i know, not today)--but, i am still having computer problems....anyways.....
  • I used my telephoto lens (70-300mm) with my FILM nikon slr---and before the photoshop years--so it is sooc.
  • The clock is on the top of a beautiful Baptist church in the heart of Dallas. Jason and I love the symbolism of the phrase "Night Cometh".
  • I used to drive by this church almost every day---on the way to work and on the way to Jamba Juice--(which I desperately miss!)
  • we lived in dallas for 6 years and in many ways our heart--(at least mine)--is still there--it is 'home' for me in many ways.
  • this photo hangs in our hallway in a sepia tint.
btw: our computer is wacko and we are taking it tomorrow to a friend at church to clear it and reload everything. Not sure how long this will take---but, I won't be posting until I get it back....hopefully, it will be within a week!

12 comments:

Krissynae said...

Very cool photo. Love the detail.

Dorothy said...

Love the phrase! Great shot.

I lived in Wichita Falls for 5 years & used to visit Dallas a lot... I miss Dallas!

Patti said...

Lovely photo. Beautiful clock. Hope your computer is back soon

Dar Kaso said...

Beautiful capture. Hope your computer is fixed and your up and running soon.

cephotos said...

I love this shot. Hope that your computer gets un-wacko soon. See you when you get back.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Love the conversion.

Yvonne

J. said...

Great picture.

Andrea said...

What a cool shot. I like the story behind it too!

Monica said...

Beautiful photo and love the story and significance it holds for you!

sweetpea said...

oh, i LOVE this clock, too!!!! it gives me chills.

--cherry said...

What a great shot!! Love all the detail!

cristina said...

amazing (like your name). i think it was great with it being a film shot (even more so). i can see it so nostalgic with the sepia tint that you mention. really great job.
hope your pc is up and running soon.