Wednesday, August 8, 2007

blends....



been wanting to try blends for some time now....these are my very first! Thoughts????
Do these do anything for you? I don't exactly know what I am doing...just trying to figure it out...:) CC welcome!!

15 comments:

Erika said...

Wow, those are pretty cool looking, I like em...something different and interesting, now I'll have to try!

robin said...

I have never seen anything like this. it really gives a kind of "dreamy" look. I like it!!! I think it's great to try something different.

Lorrie said...

I think they are really cool. They have an other worldy, ghostly effect to them...

Tori said...

Nice! I really like the second one.... it's really dreamy looking to me.

Jaime said...

I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to do this, but they look AWESOME to me! very artistic!

Amy said...

I can only see the first one! Darn dial-up !!!!!! Since I'm stuck in the dark ages I can only successfully view some peoples blogs (Michelle's, Lauren's Julie's) but not Jordan's and I guess not yours:( I'll keep trying to look at them every so often. I do like the first one ~ really cool technique.

Christie said...

blends are so hard for me. honestly, the first one is just too busy and confusing. now, the second one is beautiful and enchanting. i would love to hear any tips you have on doing these successfully.

April Ziegler said...

Wow, I've never seen this before. Very artistic, looks like they should be hanging on your wall. I prefer the 2nd one but i think I'd like the 1st one more if she was a little less transparent. Very cool effect!

amazing grace said...

i appreciate the feedback...i really have no idea what I am doing...I agree that the 1st one is quite busy and april that's a good idea about her being less transparent.
That was my 1st one....the dark window one was my 2nd try.
these are fun...but hard--not technically really--but creatively to 'see' it before hand. it'll keep me busy for awhile...:)

cherie said...

these are nice very artistic. prefer the 2nd one.

Me said...

Great first attempt. Keep at it. I love the second one. It has a spiritual feel to it.

Ashley Hiskes said...

I think these look great!

Anonymous said...

Very cool and artsy. I agree about the transparency in the first, it would look better if she where more visible and more the focal point. Great stuff for you first attempt. Going to have to try this technique, thanks for the inspiration.

Tera Fraley said...

those are really neat looking!!

Mom2Drew said...

Interesting for SURE! I like #2 best, so Secret Garden-esque.