Friday, August 24, 2007

more of baby "T"


i know these shots have been done plenty before...but, this was my first time getting the chance to do them....very fun!!! I love the 2nd shot with the dad's hands--communicates the strength and safety of a father's love like our Heavenly Father above. And to keep on theme--(hmmm...haven't been doing that for awhile...)--Faith. Faith that He'll hold you and sustain you.




i loved this star mobile in my nephew's nursery.....so cute! The light is from the side window and I had to back up to try to get this shot with my 50mm. Here's a case where the 30mm would have been perfect! the lighting is a bit warm in the sofa shot above and a bit cool in the nursery shot below. Does it work? I had 2 diff types of lighting and used the gray card for each setting...but still feel a bit of a color cast. The warm lamplight in top and the cool blues below. CC please.....:)
and in bw:


6 comments:

flute4peace said...

Wow you really have a gift!! I really love the one with the arms and the baby - such a neat "twist" on the typical one arm/baby thing. And the star mobile/changing table one is just edible. I really enjoyed these!

Kathy King Photographer said...

My observation is not a technical one since I am not there yet but the baby looks a bit uncomfortable on chair. To me this is distracting and takes away from an otherwise great shot. A slightly different position would have made a difference.

jaw515 said...

Okay just opinion because I am by no means an expert. These are all really beautiful. The nursey one is nicely done. I think the color looks a little soft and doesn't really pop. On the other hand the b&w totally catches my eye and pops. I really love that one! I think it might be the crop of the color one and the fact that the top of the star is cut off. I know so minor. But I would maybe try the same crop as b&w but in color.

Beth said...

WOW! SO nice, Leah! I hope you can come back and visit so that I can hire you to do photos of our future babies (Lord willing)! You are really growing in your skills, and I love these shots. BTW, I finally printed a 5x7 of the photo of me and Kristin when she was about 2 months old (the BW of me kissing her head), and I TREASURE that photo! Your nephew is adorable, and I love the color shot of him on his changing table...AWESOME. And he appears to be much more okay with being naked than Kristin ;-) His parents must be so pleased with these photos! Love, Beth

shawanda said...

Hey, remember me? Not only have I come back to the blogging world after a year long hibernation, but I've changed locations. I've linked to my new blog from my Blogger account if you're interested.

Also, John and I have created an official site for his famous Top 5 lists. More information about the site can also be found in my last Blogger post. We hope you stop by.

And before I go can I just say...WOW! You have such a gift! I really enjoyed going through your site and looking at all the awesome pics. Such warmth. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

pamela sue said...

These are absolutely amazing!!!! Almost makes me want to have a baby just so I could try to recreate some of your shots. Again, fantastic work:)