Wednesday, May 14, 2008

sweet baby shayla


took this of my friend's sweet girl yesterday.....her eyes are just amazing!!!! And she is so sweet!
it was so fun being around a little baby again---it made me see how 'big' gracen is.....time really does go by quickly. It saddens me that i missed all the very, very firsts in gracen's life and yet have truly treasured every single detail in each day since.

I have always wanted to be a mother and a mother of many children. They are such a blessing. So thankful for the Lord's blessing of Gracen and continue to pray for future blessings.

So, I'm working and thinking of getting the photog side back up and running now that I am feeling a bit more settled from the move in October---lol.....it takes a while to get 'settled' and do some 'nesting....' after a move....
so working on my photog side of the website and portfolio, etc. Excited about it!

20 comments:

mel said...

absolutely gorgeous!

Sharon said...

Wonderful catchlights! Such a beautiful baby!

Photography by Sabreena said...

What a beautiful post...I have tears in my eyes. It is such a blessing to have met such a wonderful and caring person. You are such a wonderful photographer...I am so glad you are going to be getting back into that side of it again.

Thanks again!

pat said...

Breathtaking, Leah. You are so versatile with your photos--you seem to be able to capture everything. Your macros from yesterday are stunning; the last shot (hosta, lily of the valley?) is almost abstract in its simplicity.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

She is absolutely beautiful. Your words are so meaningful and from the heart! I can't wait to see more photography posts!!

Reds said...

What a cutie! You got some great catchlights! Right on theme! :)

Melissa said...

Wow you're right her eyes are amazing! Loved your journaling and glad you are back on the photography side for a while ;)

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Such a cute little baby. Such sweet journaling.

Kristi Smith said...

Oh, is she ADORABLE!!! What a sweet baby!! You captured her perfectly, Leah!!!

Kristina said...

I love this capture! Even her lips are prefect--just a little bit of shine to them...or maybe it's baby drool ;) She is beautiful!

Jason said...

WOW great shot, the catchlights the composition are all AWESOME

Michelle said...

what a beautiful little girl! her eyes are incredible and that smile! very contagious. you seem to me to be a great mom--i'm praying that the good lord sends you the next little lovebug(s) soon!

Amy said...

What a beautiful baby! Great shot!

Stacey said...

What a stunning shot. You just nailed it. The composition, colors...everything. I love it. Nice work and beautiful catchlights. WHat kissable cheeks the baby has!

Becky said...

Beautiful baby that you captured so well. As for missing out on some of Gracen's firsts--we all miss something in our children's lives, even if we're physically present. (And some of those firsts aren't all they're cracked up to be ha ha).

Debbi said...

Wow - gorgeous shot of this beautiful baby. The catchlights in the eyes are amazing. Good for you for getting the photog side of things going again - you are very talented!

Jess said...

She is gorgeous. I know what you mean about moving and feeling settled again... it takes me longer & longer each time. I am praying for another blessing for you SOON too- you NEED another baby around the house! :)

Tracie said...

Absolutely beautiful baby and photograph, Leah. And I loved your journaling, so touching.

Bobbi said...

Ph she is such a sweetie! I love her little eyes, so full of wonder.

summerbl4ck said...

beautiful baby and beautiful light. i know what you mean about getting settled. we've moved around a bit and for me it takes a year or 2 to really feel at home.