Sunday, September 9, 2007

change is in the air.....




yesterday was a day of packing for us. Several people from church graciously and joyfully came over to help us pack and we got SO MUCH DONE! We are so thankful for their help. Our garage is filled with boxes and we only left out the necessities. We are even eating off of paper plates and such for the next 2 weeks. Anything to get more stuff in boxes!

In the middle of packing yesterday--I went outside to find my butterfly bush covered with about 4-5 butterflies! Couldn't help but thinking about "Change" as we are in the midst of one and all all these beautiful creatures just emerged from their cocoons....

So much change for us:
*moving back North....after 8 years in the south (I think it'll still be "soda" for me instead of "pop".....)
*beginning a church plant in a new city
*trying to sell our house
*saying good-bye to loved ones here
*back to renting
*closer to family--yeah! :)

These were taken with my 70-300mm which is not my sharpest lens by far....but, I couldn't get too close for fear they'd fly away....

10 comments:

Sara said...

the first two look like antique Japenese paintings- don't recall what the term is. They really struck me. How lovely to witness fate's nod to your state of being.

Deb said...

These are gorgeous. And they look plenty sharp to me. Nice work!

Change can be a beautiful thing, just like your photos.

Krystle said...

These are beautiful. Sounds like you have alot of changes coming, how exciting!

Trisha said...

These are beautiful! I LOVE when the Monarch's begin to migrate. I've been watching our Butterfly bush like a hawk, but have only saw 1-2 on it so far. Pretty soon it will be COVERED! I can't wait to take pictures of it!

Good luck on the move!

flute4peace said...

Wow, what an awesome break to the packing and craziness!

Best of luck with your move. It sounds exciting!!

. said...

Wow, these are beautiful! The colors are gorgeous and the backgrounds are so smooth and creamy!

Tera Fraley said...

those are beautiful shots!! Very vibrant colors!! Good Luck to you all in selling the house and moving to a new area!!

April Ziegler said...

So beautiful! The colors are lovely!! Good luck with your move

Tori said...

These are really nice! Great color! Good luck with your move....

Lorrie said...

GORGEOUS. the color, composition, focus and exposure looks terrific to me! I love butterflies!