Wednesday, September 12, 2007

some more of my nephew....

and since i haven't been on theme all week......Here is a SOOC pic---The warm lamplight killed my white balance in these.....very red and very warm---I used a gray card--but, it still didn't expose quite right....so, thought I'd show my fix....it's killing me....

how's the color on this?? lightened with levels, bumped contrast, pulled the color balance slider towards cyan and then towards blue a bit. I've looked at it so much--can't tell what color it is anymore....thoughts?? IT's driving me NUTS!!! :0
and---in bw......
the little onesie is from target and says "instructions not included"---pretty adorable......


15 comments:

Lorrie said...

what a precious baby. Love the one of him in the drawer. SO cute! I also think you did a great job of pping the overly warm toned shot too.

Deb said...

I also love the drawer shot. That is so cool. I think you did great fixing the warm shot, but I like it best in b/w.

Erika said...

Very sweet, love the sweet family pic and your fixed one looks good too, I hate when you stare at those forever and can't remember what "normal" looks like anymore!

flute4peace said...

I agree with Deb - you made a remarkable difference in fixing it, but for some reason I'm liking the B/w, too (and I'm not a fan of B/W usually). He's an adorable baby - I love love love the first one!!

amazing grace said...

erika--you said it best--I can't remember 'normal'--cuz i've looked at it so long....it's one of those have to wait a day and come back and look on the screen--and then I'll say--what was I thinking???? :0

:)
I love bw anyway....but, trying my hardest to fix it...:)

Mom2Drew said...

I really like the pic with the dresser! Oh, and anytime you include one of your BnW shots, I'm drawn to them...you're just the queen of a good BnW.

But...good fix with the color one too...definite improvement.

Erika said...

Hey again, I had my instructions on my blog yesterday, but took em down, cuz I wasn't sure if they made sense and if I got all the steps...so I'll just tell ya here! I just did a dup layer at soft light (75%) and curves layer (to liking) at 54% fill then levels (upped mid slider), upped contrast, messed with color balance and I did add a white layer in there somewhere, just for fun to see how I liked it...but I don't remember what step it was...however I do remember it was really low opacity...it just whitened things a little. Phew, that's all for the Extreme Color Pop, and it's different for every pic, that's just what worked for that pic. Then for Vintage Rock, i turn the soft light layer to bnw with gradient map and put fill/opacity to where I like it. THen I up saturation a teeny bit on background layer and maybe add a little yellow and red and more levels, or whatever. Again, it's different for each pic...but if they are really clear and well-exposed to begin with, it works the best. Hope that makes sense...I'm nervous throwing it out there, cuz it has to be the right pic...let me know if you get it to work. I recorded an action for it and just customize it for each pic.Wow, that was long! I'll stop now.

amazing grace said...

yeah how fun---thanks for writing all that...i'll have to try it out tomorrow and see how I can do...:)

thanks!!!

Trisha said...

These are great! and i'm on a laptop, so it's hard for me to say anything about color, but it looks like you did a great job to me! I LOVE the 2nd conversion though!

Sue said...

Well - I'm not help! But I have to say I'm on love with shots 1,2,3 ! The drawer is AWESOME!

Jaime said...

Love these!
holy wow on the color fix!! I'm horrible at fixing skin tones. I just make them b&W!

Krystle said...

What a precious little one. You did a great job on these. I love the one of him in the drawer, and your color fix.

Cindi Koceich said...

I think you did an awesome job fixing the warm picture! I do the same thing. I'll think I have it fixed and then look at it the next day and think...what was I seeing? Precious baby and sweet, sweet pictures! Love that onesie from Target!

Oh...I agree, you rock the bw!!

Tera Fraley said...

Great shots, I love the one of him in the drawer. That little onsie is too cute, no instructions included!! Love your b&w conversions.

Tori said...

Really cute shots! I really like the one of him in the dresser. Good fix on the overly warm picture! I really like it in b/w!