Friday, March 30, 2007

cherry blossom

ETA: here's my try at the Orton Technique---thanks to Lexi for the instructions!!! what do you all think? is it too painterly? not painterly enough? wasn't quite sure how much of a gaussian blur to put on it...

here are a couple more from the Gardens......wanted to capture a cherry tree for my dd's room. i am thinking the first one....TfL!!!!! leah

13 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so jealous- we still have a few piles of snow to melt yet. I did notice a leaf bud on my lilac bush yesterday, so a few weeks from now I think we'll have green and pretty flowers too. In the meantime, I'll just look at your lovely photos.

Mom2Drew said...

So, so romantic looking. Wondering what it would look like with that Orton technique that was all the range a month or so back?

Anyway...Gorgeous!!

Dar Kaso said...

Very pretty shots of the trees, great color! Your shots from yesterday are so adorable.

Jenny said...

Beautiful shots. They remind me a bit of some of the shots that Roman would get. Like Heather suggested, Orton would look really cool on these shots just for fun.

amazing grace said...

i actually am planning on trying the Orton technique! Lexi, played with the first photo in the gallery--(i posted these last night)--and did the orton technique on the first one and it looked sooo cool~ so, i am going to try my hand at it later today...

sara--so sad for you that you have snow!!!! is spring coming soon????

:)
leah

jordan.krogman said...

I love these shots! We don't have trees like this around here, so I'm just in awe. lol Beautiful shots, and I love the ones from yesterday, too. How sweet are those little girlies!?!

Sue said...

Love those pictures. good job on that technique. Maybe a little more color pop before you apply the technique to make it pop some more? I like the composition too :)

Lauren Hartman said...

I like the first one, the orton gives the image more depth. The only thing that kind of bugs me on this is that the hill in the background almost makes the tree seem like it's tilting inwards.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous picture. I really like how the Orton Technique brought out the pink tones of the flowers. It gives the picture a very dreamy summery feel to it. I really like it. TFS

Tiffany said...

These are beautiful!!!!!

Michelle said...

beautiful! such gorgeous color too. just saw yesterday's post...cute, cute, cute! keep up the great work!

AmyC said...

These trees are just GORGEOUS! I wish I had some around here!

I personally prefer the second shot over the first one. I like being able to see the detail more. Really gorgeous...

Patti said...

I really like the colour of the orton one, but the blurringof the flowers is kinda bugging me. Beautiful shots