she was 2 months old and so beautiful.....memorized every tiny detail..... and my heart ached for her desperately....

we sent this little pink outfit to her while we were waiting to travel to Taiwan....too cute!
sleeping gracen........the Lord blessed us with a baby who LOVED to sleep!!! 13 hours a night!
and sometimes in the day.....:)
we celebrated gracen's 'gotcha day' by going out for chinese on thursday---2 years ago we finally got to bring our sweet baby home!!! such a blessing!!!


so thankful for the Lord's rich blessing of you sweet gracen!!! loved you before I even knew you and will love you for all of time....xoxo


34 comments:
how special of a post! i have always wanted to adopt! too bad my husband really doesn't want to or I WOULD!
beautiful girL! she's so blessed to have you and you her!
tara
OK, let me pause to put the tissues down. This is such a moving post and yet, so perfectly simple (hope that makes sense like it is in my mind...)
I think adoption is the most selfless thing a family can do and applaud you for loving her into your family.
Your textures are out of this world (I played with them and posted a few pics, even gave you linky love.)
What a special, sweet post Leah! I agree with what Heather said. . . you conveyed so much with just a few words. What a great way to celebrate your little blessing!!
Oh happy gotcha day...I love that you call it that...makes it that more special...This post made me tear up!
Cari
that is so sweet! I'm so glad you were able to adopt that sweet girl.
AWWW! *sniff sniff*
You are all so blessed that the Lord brought you together! Happy gotcha day!
What a wonderful tribute post! So sweet and heartwarming! Your images are beautiful.
I love your post today. Such precious memories for that little girl to know how wanted and how loved she is.
Leah, I can't believe how much she looked like she does now when she was just little. She looks like she had her arms out for you in that photo. What a wonderful heartful post.
That is pretty cool, I really like that last one.
definitely got me tearing up. i am so glad that gracen found you!! she is blessed beyond measure to have you as a mother.
These are SOO precious! I was also adopted from Taiwan when I was two months old. AND, we're in the process of adopting from China. I LOVE your textures. Exactly what I was wanting for my post...so so, beautiful!
Total two tissue post! This is such a sweet post, thank you for sharing such a special day with us.
Let me wipe my tears away so I can type. So sweet. She is so beautiful.
Awww...how precious. Thank you for sharing. I have goosebumps! Love that you call it gotcha day! Congratulations.
Love your sweet way of documenting this wonderful day. What a blessing to have her in your life. And she is extra lucky to have you as her mom!
Oh my goodness what a beautiful post. I love love love the one at the restaurant. But the pictures from the orphanage are just precious.
So sweet, I just loved reading your journaling. She's such a cutie and you're fortunate to have each other!
I don't know why but this just about brought tears to my eyes! I looked at those photos and imagined you waiting for your sweet little girl. What a blessing she is to you and you to her as well!
What a very touching post. Great photos and story to go along with it! She is so adorable!
Hi Leah! Here's my email: kristina.wood@uscm.org. And yes, we have a LID it's 9-12-07.
What a beautiful touching post!! Beautiful pictures too!
Happy Gotcha Day! So great! I imagine that once you saw that first photo the wait became even more excruciating. What you said at the end of your post reminds me of the Savage Garden song: I knew I loved you before I met you, I think I dreamed you into life, I knew I loved you before I met you, I have been waiting all my life.
*sniff, sniff*
What a short, sweet post! She sure is a little cutie!! Happy Gotcha Day!
beautiful photos!! My babies used that same little Carters sleeper.
aww you melted my heart! I love all of them! The last one with the texture is great!
Your journaling and pictures are absolutely precious. She is so beautiful Leah.
What a beautiful post. I am totally tearing up about it. I just love how you shared your intimate journey with us. What a sweet girl, and she got the best Mommy and Daddy in the whole whole world!
How sweet! I loved your journaling and pictures to enhance the story!
Sweet story and pictures! What great memories! And I love the last pic and texture.
What beautiful photos, especially the last one. And such moving journaling! What a celebration of life! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
Aww so sweet!! Love the pics and I love the way you all celebrate each year. That photo is great!!
Happy Gotcha Day!
A beautiful girl, born in your heart. Happy 2nd Gotcha Day!
Post a Comment