Wednesday, February 28, 2007

journey

this is a book i made right before we traveled to Taiwan to bring home our sweet baby girl. I was inspired by Ali Edwards and all her travel books--so decided to give it a try. I made the covers and put paper inside and traveled with one stamp, marker, stamp pad, and stapler...and then tried to journal and add memorabilia from our journey.
so, it is stuffed with anticipation, airline tickets, heartfelt thoughts, brochures, taxi info, subway stubs, and lots of LOVE.
Gracen is one of the biggest blessings in my life....and an answer to so many prayers.

8 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

So you adopted? AWESOME! I should talk to you more about this as DH and I are very interested. You have a gift with altering things, this is GREAT! You've inspired me like Ali inspired you. Thank you for sharing this today!

Sue said...

First off - congratulations :)

Now - when I opened the blog - teh photo imeediately captured my eye - stunning.

Thirdly (is that a word?) the book is amazing and beautiful! What a wonderful job you did and what an incredible and thoughtful memory you captured.

jen said...

Beautiful job on the album and the photo. I love the composition and set up with the chair outside. It shows the emotion and everything! I'm a fan.

amazing grace said...

thanks girls...

yes we did adopt! we brought sweet gracen journey home last march---it was one of the HAPPIEST days of my life--other than my wedding day.

more to come on this probaly later this week....:)

amazing grace said...

btw---'mom2drew'---I'd love to talk to you about adoption....it was a long awaited for dream for us and we are pursuing baby #2 now. :)

~*Steffie*~ said...

I love that old chair in your photo, it has lovley. what a beautiful story and an album I'm sure your daughter will treasure.

Carolyn said...

Great job on this, makes me miss scrapbooking.

cristina said...

Congratulations on your adoption and let me tell you your book is georgous!!! I've see the books that Ali has done (in magazines of course) and I thought they were pretty cool. I'm glad you were able to use it as well! You're one gifted scrapper and I'm sure Gracen will treasure her story when she's older.
TFS!