Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wednesday---drive thru....one for the road



took this picture yesterday from my car as I was 'driving' up to the window. So, this counts as 'road stuff' don't you think?? anyway... i was inspired from barb's blog yesterday to play with different techniques and here's one of my tries at it....

1st photo: crop and ran Jess's Urban Acid action on it!!! Thank YOU jess!

2nd photo: levels and contrast

3rd photo: color pop

15 comments:

jen said...

Dang! That's just stunning! I love it and the action works on this PERFECTLY!

Sara said...

This is so cool!
And I love your subject... ;)

Jan said...

the colors are awesome. love the blue/greens against the brick. Nice!

Michelle said...

i LOVE that first one! the colors are great and i love the mood! great job

barb said...

Very very cool! Don't you just love how it brings different colors out that you never even knew were there! I love them both!!

amazing grace said...

thank you! i do love this technique and how it brought out the blue in the stones on the wall....thanks for sharing it with me....:)

Mom2Drew said...

LOVE what you did here! I love the close shot of #1 but the coloring in #3. Great use of the urban acid here! This is one I want to keep coming back to...nice job!

Jenny said...

Super...absolutely super. Love the shot and the feel the urban acid gives it.

Amy Covey said...

I love the first one. I really like the crop, and the urban acid action looks great!

Sue said...

Neat - have you tried using the sponge to saturate the red? I like how you showed all the effects :)

Kim said...

Beautiful! I'd like to see them straightened out a bit so that the wall and window are parallel to the edge, but I work with architecture pics all day so that's the first thing I look for in shots. :) Love the color though! That green is gorgeous!

amazing grace said...

kim--thanks! i did think about it--just didn't do it...I'll have to straighten it some and see what that looks like...:)

amazing grace said...

kim--thanks! i did think about it--just didn't do it...I'll have to straighten it some and see what that looks like...:)

Sarah (spetrie5) said...

Great shot! I like #1 - the close-cropping works better for those of us who don't frequent Starbucks (we DO exist!) - LOL.

--cherry said...

These shots are great!! Pefect shot for the urban acid effect!!