Saturday, February 10, 2007

saturday--Edited

ETA: I did a tighter crop on the 'leg' photo---any better??? #1 is a 'lower crop'--does it look like I still 'cut off her head?'
#2 I pulled in even tighter.

Any better?????? Thanks for all your feedback! I appreciate it.




these pictures didn't turn out exactly the way i wanted---but i still wanted to use them in a series and storyboard. Where would you crop the one with the feet on the trunk?

14 comments:

Jenny said...

Too cute. Love the selective coloring on the second shot. The only shot I don't care for is the one that cuts her off at the neck. I think I would probably crop that one about mid-chest above her waist. The current crop looks like you just chopped off her head. I think you want to avoid cutting people at any joints...too harsh a crop.

amazing grace said...

great feedback---that's what i was looking for.....b/c she is just so short--didn't know quite where to crop it.

i'll play with it later today and probaly repost.

thanks for your input!

Dar Kaso said...

How cute are these shots. Great storyboard. Really like the selective coloring on the second one.

Jan said...

Fun shots! I think I would definitely crop the leg shot a little closer, maybe just above her jeans waist. It looks a little odd cropped right at her neck. I also love the selective coloring shot--but if I was putting it in a storyboard, I would make both pics color or both selective color so they go together. TFS! These are really sweet!

Mom2Drew said...

GREAT take on the botanical theme for the week!

Sue said...

These are so much fun to see :) I love the first set with the secective coloring - you did a great job. On the second set, I agre that cropping it close to the pant link (right above the jeans) would be really cute. That is a beautiful box she is standing on :) I bet you could have some really cool shot of her coming out of it :)

amazing grace said...

loving the feedback! thank you!!!

Michelle said...

very fun pics. love the 2nd storyboard but agree about a closer crop on the 1rst pic.

she is adorable!

CK Photo said...

love the selective coloring, and the fact she isn't looking at the camera, she is playing, and ignoring you

Anonymous said...

cute! :)

Michelle said...

I like the 2nd edit. nice job.

Sue said...

OK - totally love the second storyboard :) the crop is great.

Thank you for the cc earlier. Actually, I was wondering if you could help me out. You mentioned that the color burn tool works well on blowouts. I have a family pi ture I need to fix, but can't get the the burn tool to get rid of the blow out, so I must be doing it wrong - can you leave me a tip PLEASE! I need to get this right, its for my FIL ;)

Jenny said...

I prefer the first higher crop to the second one that is very close to her waist. It looks intentional to me and isn't at a joint (which I consider a waist to be I guess). Good job.

--cherry said...

i think the crop in the 2nd shot looks the best. love the colors in your storyboard. TFS!!