Monday, April 21, 2008

butterfly garden.

went with a friend to the butterfly gardens....so much fun! that is one of my favorite things to do! loved going in dallas.....
it was great b/c the butterflies would let you hold them---they'd stay on your hand for quite awhile--g loved it the first time---then she was a little anxious about holding them....

some caterpillars.....
so studious.....she sat and looked through this butterfly book for a good five minutes or so...
the pond---she loves fish! so glad she didn't jump in!

27 comments:

Margaret said...

What a fun place to go! Those butterflies are such beautiful colors, and how fun that they will let you hold them like that. Such cute shots!

Kristi said...

Leah, these are SO great!!! G is SO cute holding that butterfly!!! And yeah, if Yums had been there that butterfly book would have ended up in the fish pond!!

Mom2Drew said...

I really like that catipillar shot with the focus being on that little dude, very creative and different. that is a beautiful color on G by the way...

lcp said...

What a fun place to explore! Love your last shot - that just is so cute and represents childhood curiosity.

Sara said...

This was great fun to see- one more inviting than the next!
G looks so perfectly little sirl in such a whimsical place. Love these pics together.

Becky said...

I'm jealous; I would love to have a butterfly garden nearby. I like to "raise" monarch butterflies in the fall, and I have the cutest video of my DD at about age 3 being nervous about holding one, so I put it on her nose. I love the colors in all of these shots!

C said...

Om-gosh, you got some great shots! Love the all the colors!! I really like the POV in the 4th shot. :)

Bobbi said...

I am loving the crops/comps and all the different perspectives here.

Michelle said...

these are such great shots! i really like how intense she is studying everything around her. future botanist?

Anonymous said...

She looks like she really enjoyed herself. Great color.

Chell said...

Your daughter is just so precious... Her hair looks like the little person Heather is making for you. LOL Great colors..

pat said...

Love love butterfly gardens! The first shot is really neat with G's aqua shirt contrasting with the orange bfly. Really like the shot on the leaf where you can see the orange legs! What a fun place--with a fish pond, too!

Christiana said...

What a cool place to go. Love them all, especially that last shot. She is adorable!!

Stacey said...

What a beautiful place for photos! Great shots!

Amy said...

Wow, look at those bright, beautiful colors! Great shots!

Unknown said...

That butterfly is the most beautiful and awesome for pictures, too bad you couldnt take it home... lol! Of course little one is beautiful as well>!

Val said...

Love the colors!

Jen said...

Very cute! I need to get my kids back to our Butterfly World. It's a wonderful place!

Shawna said...

How fun! Love the bright colors in these... but my favorite is the last one! Too cute!

Jess said...

OMG! These are fantastic! What a great place to go to! I can tell G was mesmerized!

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

I love these! What a great place to visit. I can't believe she held a caterpillar!

Malisa said...

so beautiful Leah! Love the colors- just gorgeous!

Tori said...

these are great Leah! I love the last shot of G looking in the fish pond!

Erika said...

My kids would get sucha kick outta that!! Love that orange butterfly!

Krista P said...

Oh wow! Each of these are divine!

Sharon said...

So beautiful! I love the colors.

Blessed! said...

I love the photos with the butterflies and your daughter. precious memories!