Monday, June 18, 2007

POTD Week-Scrapbooking




wow....the week of scrapbooking--haven't done any of that recently...:)
But, these are some fun blocks I made a year or so ago inspired by donna downey...love her books! I used a lot of basic grey paper which I LOVE!!

I took these tonight so had to use the yucky flash...bummer--I tried warming them up some...but, mostly I just wanted to make today's post. I dialed the flash exposure down to almos -2EV flash---to try to minimize it--don't know if it worked or not.

About the blocks---they are all related to our FAMILY....
dh and my anniversary, our footprints in the sand, a block on Taiwan where we adopted our dd, a block for HOME with a key, etc. Very fun to make...:)

17 comments:

Sara said...

What a cool idea. they look great! And even though you used the dreaded falsh, I think they look fine. Your light is fairly white, but it doesn't look blown out or washed out at all.
thanks for sharing these. I have a funny feeling this week is going to cost me a lot of money- I mean, inspire me...

Jen said...

Those are so cool! I love the shots...they don't look yucky at all even though you had to use the evil flash.

Michelle said...

these are really neat. i love the colors you used on them. and i didn't even notice the flash...great job on that! now i have to go to the store and buy blocks...hmmm...this week may end up costing me too! :)

Heather Tracy Photography said...

Very cute idea! This would make a great gift.

Teri said...

Those are so cute, very creative

Amy said...

Evil flash, lol, don't we all feel that way? I wouldn't have known you even used the flash. Super cool blocks, those are sweet! Fellow BG lover here:)

Melissa said...

These blocks are really cool! Of course Basic Grey is the paper of choice! Love that stuff, go broke buying it all LOL! These really are wonderful

Mom2Drew said...

what a FAB idea! I love everything about these...the meaning, the papers (I like Basic grey too) and the colors! I'm totally scraplifting this for Christmas this year.

Jan said...

These are so fun... I love everything about them!! I didn't notice that you used flash--I did notice the neat reflections on the table... Great!

Cindi Koceich said...

Those blocks are so cool! What a treasure to have in your home! I love them!!!

Tera Fraley said...

Great blocks! Such a creative idea. I love the colors and papers you used, great shots also.

~JustJulie~ said...

These are very nice. I don't see any issues with the flash. The look great. I love the reflections left on the table, too. Pretty cool.

Me said...

Great job with your flash.
Those blocks are just all around wonderful!!!

Tori said...

These are beautiful! I can't tell you used your flash at all!

Amy Covey said...

The blocks are really cool - what a great idea!! And great job with your flash.

Unknown said...

i like!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Again......gorgeous! I've been wanting to do these for awhile! They look awesome!